Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Football.

This weekend was devoted to football. As my friend Jose said, "This is the most exciting weekend of football all year". And we get to watch the so called National Championship on Monday evening too. Our cup runneth over. Some of my teams won and some did not, which is normal. But what I found most interesting was that often I did not watch the TV when the games were being played. I think I got football indigestion. Three cheers for Indianapolis, Seattle, New England and Green Bay. We get to watch them all next weekend. Also this weekend, from a Canadian channel, we watched curling. The Continental Cup was being held in Calgary, between Europe and Canada. The tournament started on Thursday, for a four day event. We switched from football to curling at each advertisement. Great curling. The tournament in addition to regular curling also had skins games too. We had never seen skins in curling so it took us a while to figure out the complicated scoring. Ken finally looked it up on the internet. CANADA WON THE CONTINENTAL CUP. We four loved it. Next year the Continental Cup will be held in Las Vegas in January but I am not going. I prefer to watch it on TV.

No comments: