Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November 16, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Progress.

Thanks to Suzanne, progress has been made.  She took me to the eye doctor which was tedious as we had to wait.  And I received bad news.  The pressures in my left eye are too high.  The filter in the stent is not working so I must try to get the pressures down with the old glaucoma drops.  Next Tuesday, I see the doctor again to see what is happening.  I knew something was not right in the left eye because my eye hurt, which the right one never did.  Bad news.

Our next task was to the grocery store.  When we left, both our baskets were full.  It took us until 2:00 to put everything away.  I can still not lift nor can I drive so we bought enough groceries to last our whole time in Mississippi, I hope.

I had forgotten the Jolly Holly event at the Yacht Club.  When we arrived at 6:30 for their Blue Plate special, the parking lot was full as were all the tables in the dining room.  And a guitar player was entertaining.   You could not hear a thing, between the crowds and the singing and playing.  Our food was excellent but we could not have any conversation throughout dinner.   It made for an unusual dinner.  Next time we will stay at home and eat our own groceries.  But we made progress today.

No comments: