Saturday, November 26, 2016

November 26, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Cards.

I love Christmas cards.  This morning I read every card received last Christmas and noted on my list who had sent us cards.  It was a walk down memory lane and I enjoyed remembering every friend.  Our family friend Bram Collier, had the habit of keeping his cards in a box beside his chair.  Every few days he would use a card as a book mark and he would drop a note to say hello and to tell you what he had been reading.  I have always thought it a good idea and I enjoyed his notes over the years.

I even enjoy sending Christmas cards.  My system has never changed so by now I know the drill.  First I address the envelopes and add the return address sticker and stamps.  Next I sign the cards with our full name.  Today I had three cards from Jim and Sue and several from Sarah.  I need a last name.  And last I write a note with every card.  I feel as if I am just stopping in to say hello, but briefly.

This year Ken was late ordering our cards.  I actually forgot to ask him.  Yesterday he sent me many options so tonight I selected one and he ordered the cards on the Internet.  He is an expert at digging things out and even better at ordering items on line.  So now I am set and even have the Christmas stamp when the cards arrive next week.   Sending and receiving Christmas cards is a great joy for me, especially in my more sedentary years.  So here we go.

No comments: