Sunday, November 20, 2016

November 20, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Office Chair.

I am sitting on an office chair.  This is the third office chair Ken has ordered and assembled this season.    The chair I am sitting in is much more comfortable so I am pleased that Ken took it upon himself to order these chairs, although had he asked me,  I would have said that the old chairs were working fine.  But he did not ask me.  The boxes just appeared at the door.

In Nova Scotia, Ken started reading his e mails at the desk in the office.  The chair was not comfortable enough so he ordered a chair on line.  He and Ian assembled the chair and it works well.  I have no idea where the old chair went but it is probably in the garage.

The second chair was ordered for the desk at the Top House in Texas.  The desk sits in an office area in a corner of our bedroom.  The previous chair was purchased with the desk and all though the chair looked lovely, it was too low to use the computer for long periods of time so Ken ordered a proper desk chair.  It also is a definite upgrade.  The old chair now sits just outside the laundry room in our bedroom.  We did not know we needed a chair in that spot, but Ken used the chair every day to put on his socks.

At the back of the breakfast room in Mississippi sits a computer, the one I use to write my wee web log.  The table was purchased at a consignment shop, as was the chair.  But the chair, although pretty and made of leather, is too short so we have piled pillows on the chair to put us at the correct height.  The system was awkward so Ken ordered yet another office chair.  And I am pleased he did.  Every time I stood up both pillows landed on the floor.   Now I am just fine and dandy.

The chairs require assembling so Ken put the last two together all by himself.  Only twice did he need my help.  These office chairs work perfectly.  Now we must be finished with ordering any more.

No comments: