Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 30, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Left Eye.

Yesterday, my left eye once again had surgery.  Dr. Kosta did the job.  He looks as if he was 20 but of course, as he has all the credentials, he must be much older.  After the last surgery, the little stent slipped out of place so was not doing it's job.   Today at my day post operation check, the pressure in my left eye is 6, which the good doctor is says is too low.  My right continues to be perfect at 14.   Right after the operation on my left eye the pressure was 2, which Dr. Kosko said was too low.   He also said that the San Antonio surgeon would have had to repeat the surgery anyway.

Now I am back taking multiple drops.  And again I must not bend my head below my waist nor lift anything even close to heavy.  I must not strain.  No sneezing.  No blowing my nose.  No constipation. I must take life easy for the next week.  I am not really sure what that means as my life is already pretty easy.    I must use the eye patch for sleeping.   But I am doing what I am told.  Dr. Kosko assures me that the drive from Texas to Mississippi had nothing to do with the stent moving out of place.   The old stent is now behind my retina.  We elected not to go after it.

I see the good doctor again on Monday and hope the pressures stay reasonable.   So far so good.

No comments: