Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016. San Antonio, Texas. Groceries.

David is in the habit of bring us groceries at the ranch.  It all started when I was staying away from people and not going to the grocery store myself.    This weekend, David texted me to ask if he should bring groceries.  I said no because we were leaving on Monday and were finishing up everything in the fridge.  My suggestion was to bring food from himself but bring a bit more so Ken and I would join him with his food.  So we did and it was great fun.

We ate in the dark sitting around the fire.  After David had finished his hunt, he smoked sausage.  Lots of sausage.   It was the meat from last years hunt.  Venison sausage mixed with pork, processed by a company in Fredericksburg.  No forks were required for our dinner.  We ate sausage and oranges from his tree.  Lots of sausage and lots of oranges.  Tasted delicious.  We even had barbecue sauce.

For breakfast we ate hash brown potatoes cooked crunchy and sausage, left over from last night.  And of course, coffee.   David cooked and cleaned up.  Everything tasted great.  We were both grateful.

No comments: