Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 29, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Coffee Pot.

When we returned to our Mississippi home a few weeks ago we discovered that one of our two one cup coffee pots would not work.  Suzanne and Ken took it apart to fix it but it appears that when the pot was cleaned, a  part disappeared so it would never work.  As it was the pot used by me for my tea each morning, Suzanne and I bought a new one.  The one we selected was small and  inexpensive.  Suzanne read the directions and told us how to work it but since she has gone, I have done everything wrong, one thing after another.

Some how or another, I mix up the order of what needs to be done.  I put too much water in the reservoir so I ended up with water all over the counter.  I could not get the pot to brew.  My cup overflowed.   Finally, I seemed to be getting it right.  For two mornings in a row my tea was brewed in a timely fashion.   Then I really got humbled.  Everything was working perfectly so I walked over to the toaster for the next step of my breakfast.  When I returned to the coffee pot, I discovered brown liquid all over the counter.  I had forgotten to put in a cup.  My tea was over everything.

How stupid of me.  I was so pleased with myself that I forgot the first step, which is to select a correct size cup and put the cup in the proper place.     I bet I never do that again.

1 comment:

Sara Lou Cardwell said...

LOL - it is called 'counter tea.' Very humbling when you make it.