Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November 22, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Scans.

Scans are a wonderful part of modern medicine.   If the results were not better than anything else, no one would ever put up with having one done.   I forget from one time to the next what is coming until I am actually going through the procedure.  Then it all comes back to me and I harness all my techniques to get through the ordeal, so I am getting better.  The last time I asked if I could keep my arms tight to my side rather than held over my head.  They agreed so I was less uncomfortable although they told me that the results are better in the chest area with the hands over the head.

The results speak for themselves.  My recent scans, both Pet and Ct, were negative.  No signs of cancer in my  chest or bones.  I am prepared for a bit of discomfort in order to hear the results.

In June, I asked my Oncologist Dr. Sheehan, when she was ordering my scans, if this could please be the last scans I have done.  She looked at me and said, "Maybe".  I look  this a definite yes but today when she was giving me the good news about my scans, I asked her again about no more scans.  Not no easily done it seems.  I am scheduled to have another set of scans in late March when we return from Mexico.  Fortunately, I can still sing all my songs and choruses in my mind while I am in the dark tunnel so I will survive yet another scan.  Good news today.

No comments: