Sunday, November 27, 2016

November 27, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Decorations.

My habit is to decorated the house for Christmas immediately after the Thanksgiving holiday.  Ken would buy a tree as soon as the trees arrived and put the tree in a bucket of water on the back deck.  The tree always came home wrapped for ease of transport.  Our home was always decorated for a long time because we decorated as soon as we had the time.

A few years ago when we bought our condo in Mississippi, I brought two small boxes of decorations from the farm, just to give a holiday look to the place.  Then three years ago we brought all our decorations south and divided them between the Mississippi and the Texas family.   We knew that eventually the farm would be sold so we started moving stuff out.

Today I put out our decorations.  It took me less than an hour, which is perfect.  Our new home looks a bit festive but certainly is not crowded with decorations.   One group of decorations I brought was a set of small houses that my Mother had used on our mantel.  She had artificial cotton on the mantel to look like snow but that is long gone.  Now I arrange them on our mantel.  And I wish my Mother was here to share in our pleasure.   After everything was in place , I remembered bringing Christmas placemats, but I could not find them.  Eventually, they were found in the bottom of the china cabinet in the dining room where someone put them away last year.  Now we are ready for the season in our home.

No comments: