Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. The Storm.

I did what any sensible person would do this afternoon when confronted with a very big storm.  I went to bed.    The thunder was so loud it sounded like a bomb.  Of course, I have not actually ever heard a bomb, but the three claps of thunder so loud and so close together that I took to my bed. Normally when I nap, I lie on the top of the bed with a quilt over me, but today I got right in bed.

The day was overcast right from the light of day.  and the wind blew hard all morning.  We even had white caps on the reservoir and waves crashing onto the shore.  By noon, the rains started as did the increase in the wind.  Then the thunder started and I took to my bed.

Ken was down stairs sitting watching the storm in his recliner chair.   He said it was a spectacular sight.  I slept through the power outage and most of the thunder.  But the rain kept coming hard all the rest of the afternoon and evening.  Just now the rain has stopped.  When Ken came up, he reported we were under a tornado watch.  Goodness.  These Mississippi storms are real storms.

No comments: