Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. And Here We Go.

I have checked out of our condo and paid our restaurant bills.  The locker is almost full, except for the space for one additional bag.  Ken and I are wearing our night shirts.  The bags are packed and ready.  Now we will enjoy one last sunset before eating the last meal of leftovers.  Our clothes are all clean and both of us are clean too.  We are ready to go to Mississippi tomorrow.

Today, Ted and Cathy along with Ted's brother and sister-in-law have visited San Sebastian, a little old mining town in the middle of the mountain.  When Ken and I made the trip 5 years ago we thought the town was not really ready for prime time, so I will be interested with their response.  They will stop by to say good bye either tonight or in the morning.   San Sebastian at one time was an important large town.  And it was wealthy.  But now the population has shrunk and when we were there many homes were in need of renovation.   I hope the folks in the town have made progress.

Ken and I are ready to say goodbye to Mexico for another year.  We are set for Spring in the south.

No comments: