Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Mocking Bird.

Today when I went walking, a mocking bird came too.  All thought the whole walk, his sounds accompanied me.   Mocking birds make lots of different sounds so I heard all those songs throughout my walk.  I can not believe that the same bird followed me the whole way.  That does not seem reasonable but I definitely heard those bird songs though out the whole walk.

Most people do not like mocking birds.  They are aggressive at the bird feeders and to other birds.  And they are common, there are so many of them.  But I like them.  They perch on the top of the tree and sing and sing.  And the number of different sounds they make is remarkable.  Grackles can make almost as many sounds as a mocking bird.  People do not like grackles either for the same reason that they are aggressive.

I never was able to actually see that mocking bird.  I must keep my eyes on the ground and i have no peripheral vision so perhaps there were other birds I heard along the way.  But the whole idea was perfect that I went walking today and a mocking bird came too.  That is my story and I will stick to it.  I liked my walk with the mocking bird.  Maybe he will come again tomorrow.

No comments: