Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 25, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Our Deck.

Today the wind was too strong so I was not able to sit on our deck.  Most afternoons this week, at around 5:00, I take my bottle of water and phone and carefully walk down the 7 stairs to our deck.  Ken has already taken the cushions from the box and set up our chairs so I am ready to relax and watch the boats and the birds.  Most days, Ken joins me and we talk.

Our back yard faces east so first thing in the morning I see the sunrise.  Many mornings are beautiful. I enjoy seeing the sunrise but what I really like is the deck in the afternoon when the sun is on the front of  the house.   In the south, facing the back yard to the east is a blessing.  The first house David and Suzanne owned faced west so their deck was useless in the late afternoon.  They never made that mistake again.  At the lake house in Texas, the deck faces east so our afternoons are delightful.

Our deck in Mississippi is a lovely spot.  I am not sure why I enjoy watching the action before me but I do.  When I get bored or if I am alone, I pull out my phone and check my e mails.  Or I read.  But mostly I look for birds.  And I wish a  birder was sitting beside me.  Our deck is splendid.

No comments: