Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 21, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. My Scans.

Once again my scans were clear.  Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist was thrilled.  "It does not often happen," she said to Ken and me.  When I read of people saying terrible things about modern medicine I just shake my head.  Without modern medications and modern surgical techniques both Ken and I would be dead.  I am grateful to be turning 80 this year.   For a while it seemed a bit iffy.

Dr. Kosko, my eye surgeon, paid Ken and me a compliment yesterday.  He was discussing my vision and the success I have had with the surgery.  And he asked about my scans.  He said that most older people come to him and complain about what they can not do, but when he looked at the both of us, who have had major health difficulties,  he could see that we have a nice life style.  And we were doing what we wanted to do and going where we want to go.  He said, "When I am 80 I hope I can remember how you have done it.  And I am comforted about my old age."  Pretty nice comment I thought.

My next scan is booked for November so until then, I will not need to check my blood and report to the Oncologist.  I am using one eye drop.  I see the eye Doctor in a month and will find out my protocol when away.   I am getting much better.

No comments: