Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. My Eyes.

I failed the test.  It is a test I hate because I can not win.  First one eye is covered and I look into a machine with a small bright light in the middle.  My task is to hit the button when ever I see a flash of light.  For the the last 20 years I have been taking that same test.  My problem now is that I can not see many flashing lights.  First one eye and then the other is tested.  I always am inclined to just keep pushing the bottom to see perhaps I might be correct.  But I don't do that.  I try to do my best.

The score for todays test was not good.  I see 15 degrees in my left eye and 22 in my right.  The laws are to have 120 degrees of peripheral vision in order to drive which I obviously can not do.  Usually, the good Doctor would send the information to the state authorities but as my drivers license is in Texas, he will do nothing.  In truth, when I go to renew my driver's license, I could pass because my tunnel vision is fortunately good.  But I should not drive.  

I have read that many people get upset when unable to drive because they see it as a loss of independence.  Somehow, I am not upset.  For the last few years I have become dependent on others so now this adds to my list.  Ken, on the other hand, may be upset, because he is now the driver forever!

No comments: