Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2, 2017. Playa Royale, Mexico. Oops.

My eyes have been a trouble  to me for the past two years.   I have gotten in the habit of expecting problems.   When I left the condo this morning I was not seeing clearly.  Things were fuzzy and the edges were not sharp.  But I just continued to squint and hope things got better.  Ken and I were walking to the mall to have our hair cut.  I did not say a word to Ken about my eyes.  I just assumed something else was happening to my eyes that I could not control.  I just kept my head down and kept walking.

Ken was first to have his hair cut.  I was sitting looking out the window checking my vision, first looking out one eye and then the other.  It was clear that I was not seeing well.  Then I took my glasses off and discovered my vision was better without my glasses.  Finally, the mystery was solved.  I had forgotten to switch from my reading glasses when I left home.  I had been reading my iPad and when Ken told me that he was ready to leave, I got up and left without changing glasses.  No wonder I could not see clearly.  I was wearing glasses that are clear at 12 inches but not for distance.  So I put my reading glasses in my pocket and chuckled to myself.

Once again, I did something to keep me humble.  Now my question is why it took me so long to figure out I was wearing the wrong glasses.   A normal person would have picked it up much sooner I bet.  But I expect my eyes not to work well I guess.  Or maybe it was just stupidity.  But no matter what, I had a good laugh at my own expense.  Oops, once again.

No comments: