Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December 13, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. My Breakfast Chair.

The window to the lake is beside me.  My chair is in the corner.  All morning, the sun shines on the side of my chair.  Depending on the time of the day, the sun warms my left arm and gives my magazines bright light which makes reading easy.   As the morning advances, the sun leaves my magazines but still keeps me warm.   Having breakfast in that chair is one or the quiet pleasures of my day.

Fortunately, I discovered early in my life  that small pleasures give great pleasure.  As I am old, the small pleasures are especially important.   Starting my day having breakfast in the sun is a wonderful way to start the day.  Sometimes I read in that chair all morning and only leave to get another cup of tea.

Another small pleasures today was an unexpected call from my friend Wendy.  She just called to say hello.   And I enjoy opening Christmas cards.  Ken and I spend most of our time at home but we have enough simple pleasure that we are kept happy with ourselves and each other.  But my days begin eating breakfast in my corner chair enjoying the sun and the light.   It is one of the pleasures of my day.

No comments: