Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. 80 Years Old.

No Big 0 Party this year as we held when I was 70,  but I celebrated anyway.  I have had a wonderful birthday.  From flowers delivered to the door to boxes of goodies arriving on my doorstep, I have been lavished with love and affection.  Christina came with the girls after school to bring me my favorite cake, the cranberry cake she has baked for us  from the first year she moved to Washington.  And the e mails and text messages have warmed my heart, along with the phone calls.  I have enjoyed myself every minute of my birthday.

For lunch we dined at a new Japanese restaurant, called the Edo.  A few weeks ago, I had spotted it on Ridgewood Road,  right at the end of a small strip mall, and requested to Ken that the next time we were going out for lunch to try that new place.  Of course, we could not remember exactly where we had been driving, but Ken found it.   The food is excellent.  The Mississippi family also enjoys Japanese food so we will return with them soon.  And this evening we watched part of a hockey game while eating our light supper. The Caps beat the Blackhawks, which always pleases me.  While switching channels, we also saw some Aerial Ireland, a reminder of our visits there.  Beautiful scenery.

For my birthday in 2014, no doctor was suggesting I would likely celebrate my 80Th birthday, so my birthday today is especially sweet.  Here I am, definitely not fading away.  And I am still walking and talking.  Pretty nifty.

No comments: