Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Winter.

Mississippi is chilly.  Outside right now the temperature is 55 degrees.   In the middle of the night it will go down as far as 45.  So it is chilly.  I have put flannel sheets on our bed so we are cosy at night.  I actually mailed the sheets from the ranch in Texas.  We sold the ranch including the contents but we had listed stuff we could take.   Along with a few objects of sentimental reasons, I brought the flannel sheets we used in the top house.  I liked them.  Ken thought I was nuts.  But now he is happy to have those flannel sheets on our bed.  

And I have borrowed Ken's long sleeved flannel night shirt.  He has two the same kind, which is made of the black watch tartan.  Handsome.  They sat on a high shelf so I rescued one for myself.  He has yet to switch to long sleeved night shirts although he has several.  When he saw me wearing it tonight, he suggested we should take it to Nova Scotia, where he spends lots of time feeling chilly.

Everyone wears boots here even though it is not cold and there is no snow.   Tomorrow at brunch I will note that most people both young and old,  in the restaurant will be wearing boots.  Lots will be lined with fleece.  Our three grandchildren wear boots all the time.   Molly did admit when I asked that yes, sometimes her feet sweat.  Fashion begins early.   I wear no boots.  But I have more coats and jackets that I will ever use.   I am all set at home with my flannel sheets and gown.  I am set for winter in Mississippi.  I actually feel chilly too.

No comments: