Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Appointments.

Everything was in order when we checked in at the Imaging Department at 3:30.  Kate drove us and we were early.  The receptionist had difficulty finding our names in the computer which surprised me but I was patient, fortunately.   After she asked us our birthdates, she finally found us, only to tell us that our appointment was for 9:00 this morning.  I assured her that we were told 3:30 but when I looked at my pocket calendar, the 9:00 time was bold as day.  Whoops.

But we got lucky.  We were both able to have our procedure immediately and at the same time while in the morning we were to be seen 30 minutes apart.  Evidently they had several cancellations this afternoon so Ken had his echo cardiogram and I the sonogram of my carotid arteries done very quickly.  We ended up getting home 65 minutes after we left.  

I must admit that I never did admit to the receptionist about my mistake.  When we got home I checked my big calendar and sure enough, 9:00 was the correct time.  Both Kate and I got fooled.  And I have yet another reason to be humble.

No comments: