Saturday, December 16, 2017

December 16, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Orange Drink.

Yesterday I spilled a whole glass of my orange drink, the one I drink every day to keep me regular.  Even since I have been required to take chemo therapy, I must consume the orange drink every day.  Up until now, I have never spilled it but yesterday I really did a job.  Orange drink was all over the table, the floor and the quilt on the floor in front of Ken's chair.   Everything on the table got wet too. The glass was big and full and after it spilled, the glass was empty so the orange drink was everywhere.  Kept me humble at least for while.

Since we have returned to Mississippi, I have started to use a tall plastic glass for my orange drink.  The base of the glass is heavy but the bottom is smaller than the top and I have thought several times that I could easily tip it over.  And I did.  In the past and in Nova Scotia I use a disposable cup and from now on I will put the big heavy glass back in the cupboard and use a red disposable cup.  I have should known that Murphy's Law would kick in.   I knew I was living dangerously.  But no more.  It took me thirty minutes to clean up the mess, which included washing the quilt and drying everything on the table.    Grrr.  

No comments: