Friday, December 8, 2017

December 8, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Dinner.

Tonight we ate dinner in our home with Gary and Diana, along with Christina, Kate, Mary Frances and Molly.  We were a jolly group of eight.  In truth, Ken was not able to finish dinner with us because the bleeding from his surgery started bleeding so he was forced to elevate his head and keep ice packs over the wound.  Kate, the nurse in training tended to him.  After all she is the most experienced nurse at the table.  Ken commented to me that Kate has different hands than she did a few years ago when she was helping do something else.  Ken said that she already has the hands of a nurse, which is interesting.

When I invited Christina for dinner, she asked me what she could bring.   I said nothing.  "For dinner we are eating ham and whatever else Diana decides to eat," said I.  Diana is an excellent cook and a generous soul so I knew she would not mind helping.  Diana and Gary also shopped for the vegetables and salad.  For dinner we ate cheesy potatoes, broccoli and a salad all made by Diana.  The dinner was delicious just as I knew it would be.  Kate remembered having dinner with the Dittos at their country home in Artemas.  She even recalled what we all ate.  What Kate most remembered was that Diana was a wonderful look, which she is.

Mary Frances has her biography on her mind.  To help, Gary regaled us  with stories from work dealing with me.    I have no idea whether or not MF can use any of the stories but they made us all laugh.   This was a special dinner with special people.   Everyone enjoyed themselves except poor Ken who was in bed trying to get the bleeding to stop.   Nothing is easy.

No comments: