Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December 5, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Company.

Company is coming.   We are excited.  They land at 5:45 pm on Thursday and will rent a car and drive to our house.  Getting from the airport to our house is a bit complicated so I suggested they use the GPS.  I could not begin to give directions.  Last Christmas, I received their card, saying that the writer of the card was definitely going to see us in 2017.  But they did not come to Nova Scotia and they did not come to Texas so as the year began to be over, I wondered if I would read the same note on their card.  No.  They will arrive on Thursday for a long weekend, staying in our home.

They selected this time period so they can attend my birthday party on Saturday night.  Every year around this time, we have a party.  We invite our Mississippi friends and their children.  The party is always right around my birthday but I never say a word about it.  But this year, the party is to start the Christmas season, and for my 80Th birthday.  And Gary and Diana will be there.  We are holding the party at the Yacht Club, just down the road.   Everything is set.  Company is coming and the party is coming.  We are excited.

No comments: