Thursday, December 21, 2017

December 21, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Things to Amuse.

Ken does not like to have a toilet paper roll on his left side so he has purchased those nifty items that hold extra rolls while the roll itself is stuck out an arm at the top.  I like them too.   He has purchased them in every bathroom where the toilet paper roll is on the wall on the left side.   For this house, this year he ordered two, one for the bathroom in his office and one in our master bathroom.   But I find the roll attached to the wall on the left side easier for me so I always use the old fashioned roll.

We go through a lot of toilet paper and I have always thought that Ken used it up.  But right in front of my eyes was an investigation into who uses the most toilet paper.    Once I realized that Ken always uses the fancy new fixture and I the roll on the wall, I kept track of who used what.  A new roll went onto both fixtures.  I watched to see what was happening.  Of course, Ken had no idea of my experiment and never will.  But to my great surprise, my roll needed replacement much sooner than Ken's.  In fact, I use toilet paper at twice the rate of Ken.  What a surprise.  The moral of the story is that it does not take much to keep me amused.

No comments: