Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Preparations.

The key to enjoying Christmas is to plan ahead.   In years past, I would have all shopping completed well ahead of December.  I enjoyed shopping for gifts for family and friends but I hated the crowds.   That left me with time to attend social events without the anxiety of a long list of items needing attention.  What is funny now with my life is that I still get everything done long ahead of time, but now we have few social events to attend.  What I do is find new concerts for Christmas on TV.  In other words, I am looking for things to do rather than as in the past of feeling somewhat in a panic to get at the end of my to do list.  I laugh at myself.

We will have a lovely Christmas in Mississippi.  Tomorrow I will take a small gift of nuts to my neighbors.   Christmas Eve we have been invited by Linda Creath to dinner at a Japanese restaurant.  The whole family of the Creath will be there along with Ken and me.  Christmas day Ken and I will open our gifts at home by ourselves.  Then Christina and the girls will arrive to open their gifts before we eat our Christmas feast in the Chinese restaurant just down the road.  We are following the example of the Jews.  So Ken and I will enjoy our non frantic Christmas.  And we will be happy for all our happy memories.

No comments: