Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December 19, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Scans.

This morning, Kate drove me to my appointment with the Oncologist.  She was more anxious to hear the results than me so while we were waiting,  we speculated about the results.   The scans were taken yesterday so we knew the doctor would have a copy of the results, which we suggested could show more cancer spots in my bones,  smaller spots that were there 6 weeks ago, or no change at all.   And we wanted to see the results of the blood work, taken this morning.

Well, we got lucky.  No additional cancer spots on the scan.  And smaller spots than 2 weeks ago scan.  The Ibrance is again working.    My blood counts are not normal but are not terrible.  So I am good to go.  When in Mexico, I must check my blood counts once a month and report back to her.  And that is all.  We have an appointment for new scans the day after we return.   I already have 3 months of Ibrance to take with me.  Kate was thrilled to hear the results and so was I.

These scans are invaluable but I would wish to never have another.   I thought when we returned from Texas that I would be able to talk the good doctor into a once a year scans but the cancer had returned so that was not an option.  I had seen 6 clear scans.  Now I am back to the same drill, which I would just as soon not do.   But I put up with them because so much information is gleaned from the scans.  Now we go to Mexico with no scans.  I will enjoy.

No comments: