Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 31, 2017. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. My Shoes.

Help can be found in the most unexpected places.  When I was walking to our room last evening, I could hear a clunking from one shoe.  The soles are rubber.  There should have been no clunk.  When I took off my shoe I realized that most of the sole had come unattached and the clunking sound was the heel hitting the floor.  I was irritated because I brought only one pair of shoes.  In one week, we will move to our condo where we have multiple shoes in the locker.  Ken also could not find a pair of sandals in Mississippi.  We laughed and suggested that we both might need to visit a shoe store even though both of us own enough shoes.

This morning, on the way home from breakfast at the Mall, we stopped by to have our picture taken for our membership cards.  The young lady was pleasant so I asked if she had glue and showed her my shoe. She assureds me that the maintenance man had a glue that would fix anything so she called him for help.  We were to sit and wait for five minutes.  The Mexican minute was worth it.  The young man took my shoes, removed the old glue and installed a new bunch of glue.  Now my shoes are perfect.  And Ken has decided he will wear his  shoes all week, for he never gets in the water.  Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: