Sunday, June 13, 2021

June 13, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. The Lake and the Twins.

Life for Samantha and Allison at the lake usually includes more people. Suzanne ia there and often Sarah and Abigail. But this weekend there was only David when they went out on the boat. They were not used to driving the boat when some one was skiing so David taught them what to do. Both girls drove the boat all the time yesterday and today so by the end of the day, they were experts. The three of them spent so much time skiing yesterday and today that they all were sore. But they had a wonderful time. And with no food preparation required, everyone was free to enjoy themselves. For a parent, being with two of your children all alone is a pleasure so David enjoyed the weekend with the twins. Both Allison and Samantha are good company. They are energetic and competent and they never complain. They are also always wanting to get better so this weekend they learned to ski on one ski. When they were out on the boat this afternoon David ordered a new ski. The only single ski they have is designed for a big and tall man so now arriving on Friday in San Antonio will be a new ski built for the girls. All three of them enjoyed telling me about buying a new single ski while they were still out on the boat. This is indeed a wonderful life. I of course, enjoyed myself thoroughly, listening to their exploits and their success. I did not go out on the boat. I struggle on dry land with balance so on a boat life is impossible for me, although David urged me to join them. We ate our meals together just sitting around casually. Being with the twins and David at the lake was a delight and a treat. And I have plenty of food in the fridge. I am all set for the week at the lake by myself.

No comments: