Monday, June 21, 2021

June 21, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. US Olympic Trials.

I have enjoyed watching the diving, swimming and track and field trials. I have never talked with anyone else to see if anyone enjoys them as much as I do. But I love watching these athletes trying their hardest to get on the US team. I enjoy them in the order that I saw them on TV, starting with the diving which began 10 days ago. These divers are able to do incredible things with their bodies, all the while pointing their toes. But I need the comentators to tell me what is good and what is really good. They all seem miraculous to me. The diving trials are over. The team is ready for Tokyo. Next was the swimming. Ken always said that watching swimming competition was boring because you can not see what the swimmers are doing. But I enjoyed the competition. Some very young swimmers made the team which is always exciting. A 15 year old girl qualified for the team in the 200 m free. It was sweet watching Katy Ledecky give her a hug after making the team. Two Olympics ago Katy was just like that 15 year old. I still do not know what makes some swimmers swim so much faster than others. But it is exciting for me to watch. The swimmers all look so fit and healthy with no fat in sight. The swimming team is also complete. Then came the Track and Field trials which are my favorite. I like the variety of the individual events. And I look for the disasters. The world record holder failed to make the team because he came in 4th and the top three in the finals go onto the Olympics. I do not know and the commentators did not tell me what happened. I like the individual effort for each athlete. And I like the family in the stands cheering them on. I feel badly for those people who worked hard but failed to make the team. The Track and Field Trials will continue on Thursday along with the Gymnastics. These athletes are fit and excited. I look forward to seeing them at the Olympics. I love the fitness and I love the effort. I have enjoyed these US Trials, if only to see them in their uniforms. They all have wonderful bodies which are on full display. Now I wish them well.

No comments: