Wednesday, June 2, 2021

June 2, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Pink Eye.

Monday afternoon, after everyone had gone home, my right eye startd draining. And it hurt. I knew I was in trouble. By morning, my right eye was stuck closed and it was swollen and dark pink. I called Suzanne who found a clinic in Sattler where I could just drop in. I called the lady at the clinic and gave her all my information into their system. I assured her that I would be there as soon as I called for a Lyft. But Lyft has no drivers so after 90 minutes I tried to call a Taxi. But there are none. So I was stuck. My eye was getting worse. I told Suzanne my plight ans she came immediately to bail me out, driving from San Antonio to take me to the clinic. Gold star to her. No waiting at the clinic. The phsician Assistant dignosed my eye as Pink Eye, which was no surprise to me because Samantha had just gotten over a bout of Pink Eye. After getting drops for my eye at the drug store next to the clinic, I had lunch at home, made for me by Suzanne. All was well. My eye was on the way to recovery, although my eye is not perfect yet. But like everything else, something good comes from any difficulty. While at the Clinic, I mentioned my difficulty of getting transportation. They told me about a senior system, similat to the Mississippi and Nova Scotia companies who are in business to help people like me. So I spoke with the lady in charge and on Friday she will meet me at home here to get me into their system. And I think I will hire them to help me a few hours a week, perhaps 5 hours one day a week. Neither Suzanne nor me knew anything about the Loving Senior Care Company. Now we know, all because I got Pink Eye. This is a good thing.

No comments: