Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Couch Potato.

There are benefits that come with being a Lady of Leisure. Today I was alone with no company, no family and no helper so I turned on the US Open Golf Tournament and kept the TV on all day. For sure I did not sit on the couch all day watching the TV. I did my walking and made my meals and I puttered around a bit but I listened or watched the whole last day of the tournament. It was great sport and until the last few holes, the game was very close. Even a Canadian golfer was in the hunt to win the US Open right till near the end. I was interested how so many of the top golfrs in the world fell apart right near the end. The score board showed many players very close together for most of the day but eventually, nerves took over and finally one golfer won by one stroke. Jon Rahn won the tournament, the first time he had won a major tournament so he was pleased. But he won at the last two holes so the whole day made the playes close together in strokes. The poor fellow who came in second has been in second place for 7 major tournaments. Unbeliebable. I had seen a bit of the tournament since the beginning on Thursday but I have never watched or listened the whole last day of any tournament. Normally I just check every now and then to see what is happening. Then I watch the last few holes. But today I watched the whole day and was interested with how these experienced golfers responded to the pressure of the last few holes on the US Open Golf Tournament. The only man who kept his cool was the winner, Jon Rahn. Congratulations to him. I enjoyed my day of leisure.

No comments: