Saturday, June 19, 2021

June 19, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Scientist Gill.

Gill is upset. The Canadian Prime Minister has announced that the Canadian/US border will be kept closed until July 21. In her opiniom as a scientist, there is no reason to keep the border closed. Vacinated people should be allowed to visit Canada. He evidently gave reasons for the continued closure which Gill says made no sense and those facts have never been tested. In addition, the three day stay at a hotel approved by the government has never made any senae. People flying must have a negative Covid test before boarding the plane. Then when they arrive at one of the four Canadian cities, the passenger must stay three nights in isolation until they have another Covid test. But the incubation for Covid is 5 days so three days in isolation makes no sense, according to Gull. The officials in Canada are not listening and acting on the science. And she does not like it. "Science should determine the rules", said Gill. I have observed for a long time that the authorities only pay attention to the science if the officials agree with the science. Then rules are made based on the science. But if the scientists say something that disagrees with the officials, the science is ignored. Being synical, I long ago noted that the rule makers enjoy the power of making these rules and they are unwilling to give up their power. They enjoy telling people what to do. C.S.Lewis made a statement long ago basically saying that when officials make rules that they tell you are for your own good, those people are worse despots than dictators. We see this in these officials making rules that have no sense at all and certainly are not based on any science. And Gill is not pleased. I must have a Covid test before boarding the plane. When I arrive on June 30, I must stay three nights at the ALT hotel in isolation. I am not allowed to walk in the hall on my floor. But I am able to call the front desk to see if there are few people in the hotel so I can come downstairs and walk outside. Does this make sense? When I arrive in Toronto I must have another Covid test. When I receive my negative test I am free to leave but my flight is on July 4th. And the hotel and food delivery has been paid for and is not refundable. The whole thing makes no sense and never did. The three day hotel was instituted to discipline those Canadians who disobeyed the official orders. Flights were cancelled from Canada to Mexico and the Caribbean so clever Canadians flew to American cities and then went on to their vacations. So the government made it difficult and expensive to get back into Canada. Interesting but true. So Gill an I agree. This border closure makes no sense and the 3 day stay in the airport hotel was never based on any science. Gill is not pleased with the Canadian authorities.

No comments: