Friday, June 18, 2021

June 18, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Marilyn and Tuppen.

Marilyn and Tuppen have been friends for a long time. We knew each other well in Galveston and we have been friends ever since. As Ken and I left Galveston in June of 1970, we have been friends for over 50 years. And we have visited each other over the years. Today they drove together from Houston to visit me at the lake which I appreciated. They have been here before so they even know their bedroom. Now we are all ladies without a spouse and all live alone. All our men have left us. Tuppen is still working as a physical therapist but Marilyn and I are ladies of leisure. Since they arrived we have had good conversation. First we caught up with each others children and grandchildren. Then we talked about travelling and what was feasable for us. Next we ate dinner which was left over from the Italian Festival from last weekend. We used the trusty microvave to heat up the lasagna and tortelini. This is my idea of cooking. And we ate a salad. Marilyn and Tuppen ate a choclate ball or two for dessert. The evening was lovely and quiet on the deck which was neither hot nor chilly. So we sat and talked some more. Now they have gone to bed because tomorrow is another day. I know we will have a good time. I also know we will eat out at least once because I have only home made soup to eat, along with another salad. Tomorrow we will organize our day at breakfast. Fortunately we have plenty of breakfast food. They are thinking they might visit me in Mississippi in October. I would like that!!

No comments: