Tuesday, June 8, 2021

June 8, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Caring Senior Service.

Now I have another Wendy in my life. She works for Caring Senior Service and she helped me for 4 hours this morning. Suzanne and I first heard about the company at the clinic on Tuesday. I called them immediately and on Friday I met with the lady in charge. Suzanne and I decided that I would be smart to start using them, if only to get me into their system. So I hired a helper once a week, starting this week. Even though I am only here three more weeks, I wanted to plan for the future. And David is anxious when I am by myself all week, espeially when Lyft is not operating. Wendy lives at Canyon Lake and has been her whole life. And she is young, energetic and pleasant. The cleaning people left a lot of clothes either damp or dirty so I got all the sheets and towels clean and dry but left Wendy to fold them. Last week I folded the sheets but did a poor job. Wendy not only folded the towels and sheets but she also organized the linen closet and the towels shelves. But first she made me avacado toast for my breakfast. So I am pleased to have her help. I also asked her to come on Thursday to help me because I need to organize the closet. We brought all my clothes from the ranch but the clothes are not well organized. Wendy and I will fix that on Thursday. Her family moved to the area from Germany in the early 19th Century and farmed along the Gaudaloupe River. They still own a big ranch along River Road, where several family members live in houses on the property. In 1968 her uncle sold the whole area which became Village West, where I live. I am delighted to have a good helper at Canyon Lake, which started when I had pink eye.

No comments: