Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Lady of Leisure.

I have been officially named "A Lady of Leisure". David objected to my term "A Kept Lady" when one of the twins asked me what I Was doing these days. I told them that I do not do anything because I am a kept woman. What I meant was that I am looked after everywhere I go. David objected because he said that a kept woman means that someone was paying the bills of the lady and he reminded me that no one pays my bills except me. He then corrected my verbage and named me officially "A Lady of Leisure". Ken and I earned and saved all the money I now use to look after myself. I am in truth, a lady of leisure. My helpers do my laundry and empty the dishwasher. They drive me to appointments and to run errands with me. Son David manages my investment and makes sure I have funds in my chequing account. Christina pays my bills and helps me with my issues with the computer and iPad. Cleaning ladies keep my house clean. I am left to keep up my walking and to enjoy myself, which I do. But I certainly do not work for a living. When I entertain I take friends out for lunch or dinner so I do not even cook. David agreed that I have worked hard all my life so that I am now in the enviable situation to be called "A Lady of Leisure". I kind of like it.

No comments: