Monday, June 28, 2021

June 28, 2021. San Antonio, Texas. Banana Bread.

Last evening when I went up to my bedroom, Samantha was making banana bread. She made a big bathch at the lake a few weekends ago and as there were 4 bananas in the fruit basket she decided to make some more. But first she asked me if I would enjoy eating banana bread for breakfast. Of course I said yes. I went to sleep with the aroma of banana break filling the air. And indeed I did enjoy two pieces for breakfast. She puts chocolate chips in the bread which makes the bread even better. She is a good soul, that Samantha. Next year she will be living in an apartment at the University of Virginia. She will be in a 4 bedroom 4 bath unit with a full kitchen so she will be making her own meals next year. This is a first for Samantha so she is asking Suzanne for tips. Tonight Suzanne cooked a stir fry meal which was delicious and made from left overs. A little curry spiced the whole thing up into a special meal. Now Samantha knows how to cook a meal with left overs with curry. So far she says that the only thing she does well in the kitchen is banana bread. But I bet that this time next year she will be a good cook. Already her banana bread is wonderful. I will eat another piece for breakfast tomorrow. I am fortunate to hve competent, loving granddaughters.

No comments: