Thursday, June 24, 2021

June 24, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. What Was I thinking?

After three weeks of having Wendy help me Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to 1:30 I wonder what on earth I was thinking when I could not think what I would have her to help me. I had never had a helper in Texas and I was not thinking of getting a helper, until we realized that Lyft was not available. And Suzanne and I discovered Caring Senior Service. But I had to be talked into hiring a helper. Now I know how helpful Wendy was to me. Before she arrives I made a list of what things need doing that day. So she was always busy the whole four hours. And the house is better for her efforts. Today was Wendy's last day working with me. I go to San Antonio on Sunday with David and Suzanne. And on the Wednesday I fly to Toronto. But you can bet that the next time I am at the lake I will hire a helper and hope Wendy will be available. I will no longer be so short sighted as to think I need no help. I makes me wonder how many other things in my life I am missing. But no matter. I enjoyed working with Wendy. Today we celebrated by going for lunch at Startz Cafe. And we both ate their special which was chicken fried steak, a true Texas dish. The cafe is owned by a relative of hers. But I still wonder what on earth I was thinking when I wondered what she could do. Amazing stupidity on my part. But I got over it!!

No comments: