Wednesday, June 9, 2021

June 9, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Workshop Bedroom.

Two year ago my Nova Scotia house was full so I asked the 17 year old twins to sleep in Ken's workshop, sleeping on rollaway cots. We called it their workshop bedroom. They liked it so I decided to turn the workshop into a proper bedroom. The next winter I had ceramic tiles installed and asked Gloria to come to Nova Scotia and turn the space into a comfortable bedroom. However, Covid got in the way. The border closed so Gloria was unable to do her work. And friends and family were unable to visit Nova Scotia because of the 14 day isolation. So no company visited in summer 2020 and nothing got done on the workshop bedroom. My friends Don and Doreen are confident that the rules will change so they are anticipating driving to Nova Scotia from Ontario, arriving July 18. Don does not like stairs and I promised him last year that the workshop bedroom would be ready whenever they arrived. So...I must be ready. Today I ordered a new King bed, which means a matress, box spring and frame. I ordered it from Macphersons, the same place I purchased all my appliances last summer. David N. is making two bed side tables plus a head board and he assured me today that they will all be ready on time. Next I must order all the bedding which will be more difficult I think. Ken belonged to Amazon Prime Ca. but I did not orer anything from Amazon last summer. My US account does not work in Canada. Tomorrow I will figure it out. Gloria is still willing to come and make the workshop into a bedroom but first the border must open. I talked with Gloria today and she is still eager to come. I feel sure that Don and Doreen would not mind if the room still looks like Ken's workshop as long as the bed is in place. But the workshop is coming together but more slowly than anticipated. Progress has been made. And I am pleased.

No comments: