Thursday, June 17, 2021

June 17, 2021. Canyon Lake, Texas. Walking.

Walking outside in Texas in the summer is difficult. The temperature is too high for comfort. This evening I took my orange drink to the deck but I turned right around and went back into the air conditioned house. It was 5:30 and the temperature was still 92. So walking outside is difficult for me. Wendy my helper arrives at 9:30 and it is already too hot to walk ourside. In the past, when days are hot, I have walked in a grocery store or a pharmacy but I try to stay away from crowds of people so walking in cogested places are not an option while i am still taking Ibrance. The problem is that my legs give me even more trouble if I do not walk. So I have a problem. My solution is to walk inside. I have a route in the main room upstairs. One lap is 200 steps. I keep track of the number of laps by using the spice bottles beside the stove. I move them from side to side. I use 6 bottles and when all 6 are on one side, I take a bit of a break. It is boring but gets the job jone. I walk between 3000 and 5000 steps each day which I know is not enough but it all I can deal with walking around in the circle of the room. I try to find something on TV so I can listen when walking. So that is my routine in Texas. This works well when I am alone but does not work at all when the house is full of people. But I am alone all week so all is well in the walking department in Texas in June. My system is working.

No comments: