Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June 30, 2021. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. My Travel Day.

I wonder why a travel day is so tiring. Aftr all, the whole day has been spent sitting or waiting. But I am weary after my day of travel. Thanks to David and Suzanne I had all my ducks in the row entering Canada. I travelled with my Canadian Passport. I had a copy of my negative Covid test and I had the copy of "Welcome to Canada", where I was required to give the location for my quarentine. The officials even wanted the copy of my hotel 3 day isolation. I sailed through all hurdles. Then after clearing customs, I was required to have another Covid test. They will e mail the test to me and when it is negative I am free to go on to Nova Scotia which will be yet another set of officials. But I am here in my pleasant hotel room. My first meal tonight was delicious: salmon, rice and stir fried vegetables. A good omen, I hope. During the first short flight I was reminded of the marvel of flying. Several young children sitting behind me were taking their first flight. They were excited and they discussed every aspect of what was happening and what might happen next. We old folks have been dulled with the thrill. All we thing is the uncomfortable seat or the lack of food. But those young children on their first flight to visit their Granparents in Dallas were thrilled to be on that flight. I forgot my irritation and returned to my enjoyment with the magig of flying. Now I am here and getting established in my isolation hotel. Now my question is how many steps can I take in my small room? I am certainly going to find out.

No comments: