Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014. Harper, Texas. The Top House.

I have spent the whole day in the house, enjoying the Top House. Ken was busy replacing the float valve and driving around the ranch checking on the cattle, but I stayed home. There is something nice about staying home. My chores were minimal. I did laundry and changed the bed and made lunch and dinner. And I exercised with the weights. The rest of the time I read my book on Pompeii. And I thought about my dear son Andrew. It seems a whole life time ago that Andrew died but it really has been twelve weeks. I am better. I only weep when I think of him. Some times when driving or when in the shower the weight of his loss overwhelms me and I weep. But mostly I am better even though I am no closer to understanding. Tomorrow we leave the ranch and drive to San Antonio to spend Saturday and Sunday with David, Suzanne and the girls. Ken and I stay at the lake and drive in each day to their house. And we must get ready to fly to Nova Scotia, where Ken thinks he will be very cool. Unfortunately, our silk long underwear is in storage. He thinks he might need it. We have enjoyed the warmth of Texas, especially the evenings where the temperature drops to a pleasant 75. We are ready to move north.

No comments: