Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014. Harper, Texas. Out To Dinner.

There is something very nice about going out to dinner with friends. Tonight we went to a new Chinese restaurant in Kerrville with Robbie and Joyce. It was very pleasant. And another good aspect of going out to dinner in the summer is you get to drive home in the day light. Robbie drove as he always does which we appreciate. The restaurant is new, at least it was new in May. Tonight when we arrived at 6:00 it was full so we had to wait for ten minutes, which we thought was a good sign. When we saw the menu, we realized why the restaurant was full. The first page had a list of early bird specials, which includes soup and an egg roll, so apparently people came early to be frugal. But the restaurant was full when we left at 7:45, long after the early bird specials ended. The first time in any Chinese restaurant I order Kung Pau Chicken. I have eaten it everywhere in the world so I evaluate the restaurant on that dish. Ken thinks I am nuts, but I do it anyway. Their hot and sour soup was excellent as was my chicken. No wonder the restaurant was full. The Soaring Dragon was the name of the place. I was interested to note that the menu includes Vietnamese food as well as Chinese. There was nothing not to like about our evening. Good food and good company is a winning combination.

No comments: