Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16, 2014. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Heaven and Hell.

The difference is astonishing. I am surprised every time we arrive. The drives down is different from Texas. Even the rocks don't look the same. And of course, every where you look you see water. The air temperature is 70 degree. The best part is coming to our house when you hear the sound of the sea. I hear the waves washing the shore as I write from inside the bedroom. Our home must be a bit like heaven. For the first time this year we have rented our main house and the guest house. As we were not coming until mid July, it seemed silly to keep them empty. Last summer we rented the guest house but until now, we had never rented our main house. It may be the last. From the time we arrived at 3:00 until we left for dinner at Gill's home, Pat and I organized the kitchen. It did not look terrible but everything was out of place. People just stick stuff into any drawer or cabinet without regard for what belongs there. Finally, the cabinets and drawers are in place. Tomorrow we will attack the pantry. I did not even change my clothes from travel before beginning to make order out of the bit of Hell I found in the kitchen. Bit by bit we will return the whole house to order. Arriving home always requires extra work to organize the garage but this year the whole house will require attention. Fortunately, Pat and Mal are here to help. My compulsive streak requires order in the home, sooner than later too.

No comments: