Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014. Harper, Texas. Walgreen's.

Once upon a time, we ordered our medications on line from Medco. They would mail the medications to us and all was well, but we move around, so our life style made it confusing for their system. Our next plan was to send all our medications to our mailing service in Florida but that did not work either because some meds needed refrigeration. Finally, when we moved to Mississippi, we selected Walgreen's as our medication provider. It has proved to be a good choice. The Mississippi drug store we use is on Old Canton Road, just five minutes from our condo. They are extremely helpful and accommodating when dealing with the insurance provider, which wants us to order the medications for only 90 days. Our problem is that we are out of the country for long periods, which requires approval from the insurer. In addition, their computer is nation wide so we can order medications from any Walgreen's. But we have discovered that the Walgreen's in Fredericksburg is not nearly as friendly or competent as our Mississippi Walgreen's. They seem short staffed and the druggists never smile. Today I went in to order just one of my medications for our three month stay in Nova Scotia. I told the lady that it was too early and she would need to speak to the insurer for approval. After ten minutes at the computer, she first could not find me in the computer, then when she did, she came to tell me that it was too soon and that she was being forced to contact the insurer, which is exactly what I had told her. Now I must return tomorrow because she has still not contacted the insurer. I thought that one Walgreen's was the same as any other Walgreen's. But I was wrong. Our Canton Road Drug store deserves a gold star.

No comments: