Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014. Canyon Lake, Texas. Oops!!

It is not fun to be caught in the act, but it happens. Our deck is old. You must wear shoes whenever you walk on either deck. The children are good about it. They have often run barefoot on the deck when young and they remember painfully having splinters removed, so now they always wear shoes. The adults are less careful perhaps because they walk more carefully and assume they will not get any slivers. I think the older people are the worst. Last evening we had company, and the mother of the friend quickly removed her shoes while sitting on the deck. I of course, admonished her on the need to wear shoes but she just laughed and ignored me, going barefoot all evening. Keith who is 45 did the same, walking all over the deck barefoot. Ken has gotten in the bad habit too. I should have saved my breath for all the times I encouraged him to wear his shoes. Tonight he got caught and was forced to ask me to remove a splinter in the bottom of his foot. I just laughed. He did say that he would never have asked me to help him if it had not hurt so much. One sliver he removed himself but the second needed a needle and a good light. Ken does not enjoy being caught out, but he did see the humor. But I thought it funnier.

No comments: