Sunday, July 20, 2014

July 20, 2014. Western Head, N.S. The Beauty.

We forget every time, until we are back, and then we remember just how beautiful this place really is. Once when coming into the harbor of Yarmouth on the ferry, I overheard a fellow passenger say, "Every where I look I see another movie set". And he was right. Driving to dinner along the shore on Friday we commented to each other how pretty everything looked. And sitting tonight on our deck before dinner looking out to sea watching for whales was as delightful a scenery as you could ever see. The air was warm and still. It was a perfect summer evening. A renter moved into our Guest House this afternoon. Monique, our rental agent was chatting with her so I walked over to introduce myself, and said, "I live in that white house and my name is Ruth". She responded very quickly by saying, "You are a very lucky lady". We all three laughed and I agreed. But on my way back to my house I realized that I had been forgetting just how fortunate I am. My focus has been on what had been taken away. This total stranger has set me straight. I am living in this beautiful spot, surrounded by dear friends. Just today, Clif came by to say hello, as did Gill, just to see if we were OK. And Wendy came by as we sat on the deck to return Ken's sun glasses. Short visits. Cheery visits. All attempting to lift our spirits. It is working.

No comments: