Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Bob Stafford.

Yesterday morning I stopped by to say hello to Sandra and to have a cup of coffee. It was the first time I had seen her since our arrival. It was also the first time I had visited their home to find no Bob. Over the winter, when we were in the south seas, Bob died. We knew that he has not perfectly well, but it was a shock to hear of his passing. We miss him. He was a good friend. When we first moved here, Bob and Sandra were the first Liverpool folks who took us under their wings. My friends Wendy and Clausen were going to Bob and Sandra's home to inspect a dining room table, custom made for their dining room. I asked to come along to see the table too. When we entered their home, I discovered wonderful antiques, They were gracious enough to show me through their home and to see their beautiful antiques. One thing led to another and we have been friends ever since. We shared an interest in antique furniture and we shared an interest in auctions. Bob was a gracious kindly host and we shared many meals together. The night before we left Liverpool last summer we ate dinner in their home and as usual, enjoyed a lovely evening with them. We will miss his presence in our lives but I am grateful to have known Bob, who was an able, gentle soul. R.I.P.Bob Stafford.

No comments: