Thursday, March 24, 2016

March 24, 2016. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. March Madness.

Perhaps it is the enthusiasm of the athletes.  Perhaps it is the energy of the fans.  Maybe it is for the nostalgia of watching those games for all those years with the boys, but I still love to watch basketball in March.  Some years we are not able to watch many games and I don't miss it at all.  Life goes on without watching the tournament.   But when I have time, and when I am in a place when I get to see the games, I feel as if I am in basketball heaven.

No one else other than me in our house  enjoys basketball.  Don and Doreen will watch lots of curling but do not enjoy or understand basketball.  Ken does not in love with any sports on TV but he humors me from time to time but he has little interest in March Madness.  As we have three TV's, I steal the living room TV for basketball.  The others are banished to their bedrooms if they want a change of channel.

Big games tonight.  Maryland playing.  And Duke too.  At the moment, they are both losing but not by much.  I don't care who wins really but I always cheer for ACC schools.  And I always wish for the underdog. I have no clue why I cheer for the lower seeds but I do.  This tournament is hugely entertaining for me and I don't really know why.  I guess it is tradition.

No comments: