Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Moon.

Something good comes from everything, if you look hard enough.  Last evening, I went to bed a bit earlier than normal, but I stayed awake.  My legs were not hurting.  I just stayed on duty, so I reviewed all the reasons why I was still awake.  And nothing made sense.  I had no coffee at lunch.  Ken had given me a box of dark chocolate truffles so perhaps I ate one or two late in the day, thus keeping me awake from the caffeine in the chocolate.  And I made lists in my mind of things I needed to do before the end of the year.  I was not restless.  I was just awake.

At 2:00 I opened my eyes and looked out to the lake.  From my spot in the bed, without even sitting up, I look at the reservoir, filtered through the trees.  I spotted a bright light in the sky and finally decided that I was looking at a half moon.  It was bright and beautiful, with the moonlight making a path across the water.  I wandered around the house in the dark looking for the best view.  Since we have no hot tub here in Mississippi, we never get to see the night sky but here I was watching keenly as the moon shone in the night sky.  The sight was magnificent and certainly worth staying awake.

After spending time looking at the moon and the water, I took 2 Ibuprofen, drank a glass of water, visited the bathroom and went to bed.  And promptly went to sleep.   Magic.

No comments: