Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Human Parade.

Watching people today was similar to watching people walk up and down the beach, except today everyone was wearing clothes.   As we were waiting for Ken to see the Internist, I started to look at all the people passing by.  Ken was looking at his phone.  Soon I interrupted him so he could watch too and we did.  We guessed the weight of the people walking by and we tried to figure out what was the matter with them.  We were in the Medical Pavilion of the Mississippi Medical Center so everyone I saw was visiting the doctor.

On the beach, I seldom see anyone over weight.  Perhaps fat people stay out of a bathing suit.  But at the medical Center today we saw many obese people.   We saw folks who needed an extra wide wheel chair.  We saw many couple who were both huge.  On the other hand, I saw lots and lots of normal people and some who were skinny.   But at least 30% of the people who walked past us  as we waited weighed too much.  I immediately decided to get rid of my excess flesh but so far have done nothing about it.

The conclusion, after watching all these people,  is the same one I came to after watching the walkers on the beach.   Being too skinny is not good, nor is being fat.  But erring on the side of slim is better than being too heavy.   This is true whether or not a person is wearing clothes.   But the amazing thing to me is that so many people are just right.   The human parade is unfailingly a marvel.

No comments: